Muncie Aviation Co.
There weren't a lot of people filled with optimism in 1932, with the Great Depression taking a particular toll on America's heartland. But there were some people who thought things were looking up - literally. On March 7 of 1932, Muncie Aviation rolled open the hangar doors for the first time. Founded by Edmund F. Ball, one of the sons of the original Ball Brothers (famous for the Ball Glass Jars), the new company began as a dealer for Waco, soon adding Beechcraft and Aeronca. In 1936, the company took possession of its first Piper J-2 Cub, beginning a relationship with Piper that continues to this day. Muncie Aviation was in the Ball family for seventy-three years, when they decided to sell the company to the employees. On December 22, 2004, Muncie Aviation Company became 100% employee-owned, known as an ESOP.
As the years have passed, the fortunes of our industry have changed. But throughout the ups and downs, Muncie Aviation has continued its pursuit to provide excellent service to the general aviation community. We continue to fly at the leading edge, and hope that you will join us.