Bell Fuels, Inc.
Our beginning dates all the way back to 1889 in Chicago. H.J. Troch began his water-wagon business, sprinkling the streets for money, keeping the dust down in front of merchants’ stores. Each generation of fathers passed his business down to his son. Bob, Sr., son of H.J. Troch, inherited the horse-drawn, water-wagon business and transformed it into a Mack Truck street-sprinkling business. By 1923, Robert, Sr., owned a fleet of Mack Trucks and made the bold move to the coal distribution business. In 1946, Robert, Sr., further expanded the business to include home and commercial heating oil. In its day, the R.W. Troch Oil Company was the largest heating oil company in the Chicagoland area.