Alamo Aircraft, Ltd.
Alamo Aircraft, Ltd. Alamo was founded in 1946 originally as Alamo Aircraft Sales and Supply by Leon C. Wulfe Sr. and Jesse E. Wulfe. The Company was incorporated in 1954 as Alamo Aircraft Supply Inc. and has operated in Texas as Alamo Aircraft, Ltd. since 1998. As an established leader in the Aircraft After-Market Industry, the Company provides a range of military and commercial parts from highly sophisticated current production aircraft to World War II era reciprocating engine-driven types. With it's headquarters in San Antonio, Texas, Alamo Aircraft has been serving the aerospace military and commercial communities as well as foreign governments for more than 70 years. Alamo pioneered the spare parts breakout program for the United States Air Force and Navy, enabling small businesses to compete with many of the prime manufacturers. The company is currently ranked among the top businesses obtaining contracts from the Defense Logistics Agency. Alamo has 20 warehouses, with almost 600,000 square feet of space and houses an inventory of more than 400,000 line items. In addition, airframe and ground handling equipment are stored outdoors on 40 acres. Alamo is a stocking distributor for several major original equipment aircraft manufacturers, and stocks approximately $ 7.5 million of new Pratt & Whitney material purchased directly from United Technologies.