Accurate Elastomer Products, Inc.
AEP traces its origin to Minneapolis, Minnesota in early 1940s when it was founded by James G. Wilson, as the Wilson Packing and Rubber Company. At that time, the company catalog listed 22 proprietary molded parts. Originally, the company manufactured parts for the appliances industry.
The Wilson Packing and Rubber Company became the Accurate Products Company when it relocated to Culver City, California in 1945. By 1950, Accurate Products moved to its present 75,000 square foot facility in San Diego, California.
By 1968, Accurate Products was sold to Royal Industries and became a division of Lear Siegler with the 1977 Royal Industries Aquisition.